MS EUROPA - the name stands for a classic cruise experience born of grand tradition. The EUROPA perfects what Albert Ballin, the inventor of the cruise, brought to life on the "Augusta Victoria" in 1891. We are proud that the EUROPA is an exceptional ship for truly special people. It goes without saying that we strive to make sure our guests never forget a single moment. And so we use all of our passion, experience and perfection to offer you everything - except compromises.
Create priceless moments. Provide our guests with nothing but the best. Respect traditions and embrace innovations. To offer the highest standard of travel - that is why we invented the cruise.
On course for success for 125 years
At the end of the 19th century, a cruise for pleasure alone was unheard of - but not so for Albert Ballin. The inventor of cruise ship travel realised even then just what it takes to make a cruise special: great comfort, entertainment and relaxation far away from everyday cares. And so it was that the "Augusta Victoria" steamed into the Mediterranean on her very first holiday cruise in 1891. A tremendous success that was followed by many more. The first ships to bear the illustrious name EUROPA were an emigrant ship owned by HAPAG and a freighter owned by North German Lloyd. Since 1999, the sixth EUROPA has been cruising across the world's oceans carrying her guests to the most beautiful places - backed up by experience that stems from more than 125 years of "pleasure cruises".
Flying in the face of the general trends in cruise ships, we will in future also continue to focus on the more intimate, family-like character typified by the EUROPA. After all, in terms of spaciousness, comfort and service, the EUROPA is still to this day in a class of her own, and the name EUROPA continues to stand for cruises of the highest standard - exactly as Albert Ballin understood it.
Four good reasons to cruise with the world's most beautiful yacht
- Carefully selected guest artists and famous stars in an intimate, exclusive setting
- Top classics, the finest dance music, musical melodies and all types of cabaret artists, readings and theatrical pieces
- Active activities and series of presentations by well-known lecturers and experts
- On-board chaplain
- Well-stocked on-board library and selection of magazines
- Art gallery with varying exhibitions
- Shuttle transfer to selected ports
- Bicycles (subject to official approval at each destination), snorkelling equipment, warm parkas, umbrellas and parasols are available to borrow
- Port information including maps and tips for going ashore
- Zodiac rides to hidden beaches and bays (subject to routes and weather conditions)
- German ship and cruise management as well as a German-speaking service crew
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation and bankruptcy insurance