On board MS EUROPA 2 from Mauritius to Colombo
The perfect holiday: idyllic beaches and idyllic backdrops.
Untouched beaches, colourful dive sites and exotic nature: the Seychelles and Maldives are among the world’s most beautiful and exclusive dream destinations – particularly on board the EUROPA 2.
from Mauritius to Colombo
|Cruise dates:||from 12.02.2018 to 27.02.2018 (15 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 7,496 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 9,106 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Mon, 12.02.2018 |
Scheduled flight from Frankfurt to Mauritius
| Tue, 13.02.2018 |
Transfer to embarkation point
Start your cruise a little earlier and relax in Mauritius with our pre-cruise programmes*.
| Wed, 14.02.2018 |
Le Port/Reunion/France, 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
Rapturous nature: on a scenic journey to the Piton de la Fournaise volcano*, which is occasionally still active, you will explore the fascinating mountain scenery. Just as spectacular are Salazie and the Bridal Veil waterfalls*, a hike to Cap Noir* or a helicopter flight over the volcano*.
| Thu, 15.02.2018 |
- Fri, 16.02.2018
Relaxation at sea
| Sat, 17.02.2018 |
Victoria/Mahe/Seychelles, arrival 8.00 hrs
City flair in the Seychelles: on an excursion to see “Victoria and the north of Mahe”*, be surprised by its urban charm. A helicopter flight* over the island, a zip line adventure* through the jungle treetops or a trip in a glass-bottom boat* promise some thrilling views. A slow-down tip from our travel concierge: a day in a luxury villa at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa*.
| Sun, 18.02.2018 |
Victoria, departure 5.00 hrs
| Mon, 19.02.2018 |
Praslin , departure 18.00 hrs
| Tue, 20.02.2018 |
- Thu, 22.02.2018
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 23.02.2018 |
Maldives , morning arrival
Unique atolls in the turquoise sea. White sandy beaches and plenty of time for snorkelling, swimming and relaxing: look forward to two wonderful days in the Maldives.
| Sat, 24.02.2018 |
Maldives , evening departure
| Sun, 25.02.2018 |
Colombo/Sri Lanka, arrival 23.00 hrs
| Mon, 26.02.2018 |
Your cruise ends in the city of spices.
| Tue, 27.02.2018 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The pre-cruise programme and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Combine this cruise with EUX1805 and save € 1,500 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ Please note that you can choose between a Veranda Suite and an Ocean Suite.
² You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: MAURITIUS – DREAM ISLAND IN THE INDIAN OCEAN
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: A RELAXING BREAK IN THE INDIAN OCEAN
For our new format, IN2BALANCE, selected coaches and trainers present innovative training methods and the relaxation techniques of the Far East: yoga in all its variations, burn-out prevention, t’ai chi, shiatsu and interval training. In addition, they will also be revealing the latest findings in nutritional science. Let our team of experts help you regain your balance.
Exclusive, renowned guests discuss contemporary issues
In this exclusive format, Sabine Christiansen, one of the most famous journalists in Germany, invites renowned experts in the fields of economy, science, politics and society to discuss contemporary issues. At „talk2christiansen“ presentations, discussion rounds and conversations, you will meet guests like Nobel Prize winner Joseph E. Stiglitz, H.E. Anote Tong, Former President of Kiribati, Kweku Mandela, Astronaut Thomas Reiter, Dr. Auma Obama, politicians like Theo Waigel, former Federal Minister of Finance, Wolfgang Bosbach, Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, Christian Lindner, or Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference.
On this cruise: Dr. Auma Obama
Dr. Auma Obama was born in Kenya and grew up there. She studied in Germany and completed her master’s degree at the University of Heidelberg. Following this, she successfully completed another degree programme at the German Film and Television Academy in Berlin and received a doctoral degree from the University of Bayreuth at the same time.
For several years, Dr. Obama lived and worked in Germany and the UK before returning to Kenya, where she worked for the aid organisation CARE International. An important part of her work there was the establishment and coordination of the network ‘Sport for Social Change’. This initiative brought together organisations from different countries of East Africa, from Egypt and Bangladesh, in order to familiarise girls in particular with sport as a means for improving their own social situation.
Alongside her work for the foundation, Dr. Auma Obama is a member of the World Future Council, an organisation that works worldwide to promote responsible, sustainable thinking and action on behalf of future generations. She is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the ‘German Reading Foundation’ as well as a member of the Advisory Board of the Bayreuth Academy of Advanced African Studies at the University of Bayreuth. Dr. Auma Obama is a member of the Governing Council of the Kilimanjaro Initiative in Nairobi (Kenya), which organises an event once a year that offers which disadvantaged young people an opportunity to climb Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain. This project gives these young people an opportunity to strengthen their self-confidence and put this to positively use in the community. Since 2014, Dr. Obama has been the Patron of the international Storymoja Festivals in Kenya. The festival serves as a platform to discover and inspire creative new talent, and specifically to promote reading and writing skills among children and teenagers.
Dr. Obama is also the initiator of the Sauti Kuu Act Now Awards, which were launched in Berlin in 2015. The awards recognise children and young people between the ages of 12 and 25 who dedicate themselves to social, humanitarian and environmental projects.
Dr. Auma Obama is also a widely read author. Her book, And Then Life Happens: A Memoir, was published in German in 2010 and subsequently translated into English. In great demand as a speaker, she is active at numerous events worldwide on topics of socio-economic development. Her focus here is on the relationship between the so-called ‘developing countries’ and the ‘developed states’.
The awards with which Dr. Auma Obama has been presented in recognition of her dedication to humanitarian efforts include the Prix Courage awarded by the German broadcaster ZDF in cooperation with Clarins, Paris (2014); the B.A.U.M. Award (2015); the World Human Rights Award (2015) by Look magazine; the Kiwanis Award (2016, Kiwanis Club Stuttgart); and the Deutscher Rednerpreis presented by the German Speakers Association (2015). Dr. Auma Obama is the sister of US President Barack Obama.