On board MS EUROPA 2 from Cape Town to Cape Town
Traditions, trends and Table Mountain.
The classic: a safari in the wild on the trail of the “big five”. Urban contrast: dynamic cities such as Cape Town and Durban. A cruise between African legends and lifestyle.
from Cape Town to Cape Town
|Cruise dates:||from 15.01.2018 to 31.01.2018 (16 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
14 days cruise only from € 9,290 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 10,790 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Mon, 15.01.2018 |
Scheduled flight from Germany to Cape Town
| Tue, 16.01.2018 |
Transfer to embarkation point
Arrive a little early and explore Cape Town with our pre-cruise programmes* – perhaps in combination with a safari.
| Wed, 17.01.2018 |
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 18.01.2018 |
Luderitz/Namibia, 7.00 – 15.00 hrs
A leap back in time: experience the colourful city with its historic, lovingly preserved art nouveau buildings at your own pace.
| Fri, 19.01.2018 |
Walvis Bay/Namibia , arrival 8.00 hrs
Situated by a stunning lagoon, this natural harbour is the ideal starting point for fascinating desert excursions: to the Namib* in all-terrain vehicles, the desert city of Swakopmund* or an aerial tour of the Sossusvlei* (subject to weather conditions). Recommended by our travel concierge: a jeep tour* through the Namib off the usual tourist path with a local guide. Reflect on your experiences during the following two days at sea.
| Sat, 20.01.2018 |
Walvis Bay, departure 19.00 hrs
| Sun, 21.01.2018 |
- Mon, 22.01.2018
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 23.01.2018 |
Port Elizabeth/South Africa, arrival 18.00 hrs
Sandy beaches stretching almost to the centre of the city invite you to soak up the sun. The thrilling alternatives: a two-day safari overland excursion (re-embarkation in Durban) to Phinda Private Game Reserve* with seven different ecosystems or a detour to Addo Elephant National Park*, which is focused on the large mammals.
| Wed, 24.01.2018 |
Port Elizabeth , departure 19.00 hrs
| Thu, 25.01.2018 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 26.01.2018 |
Durban/South Africa , 6.00 – 19.00 hrs
The traditions of Africa, India and Europe blend to form a very special atmosphere. The city entices with the palm-lined seafront and – outside the city – a canopy adventure* and unforgettable encounters with animals and humans: on a game drive through Tala Game Reserve* or in a Zulu village* in the Valley of 1,000 Hills. Mossel Bay The famous Garden Route, which you will follow on a journey of discovery*, stretches out against the imposing backdrop of the Outeniqua Mountains. Thrilling perspectives are also promised on a visit to an ostrich farm* and the Cango Caves*, one of the world’s most beautiful cave systems.
| Sat, 27.01.2018 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 28.01.2018 |
Mossel Bay/South Africa , 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
The famous Garden Route, which you will follow on a journey of discovery*, stretches out against the imposing backdrop of the Outeniqua Mountains. Thrilling perspectives are also promised on a visit to an ostrich farm* and the Cango Caves*, one of the world’s most beautiful cave systems.
| Mon, 29.01.2018 |
Cape Town/South Africa, arrival 13.00 hrs
Enjoy stunning views from your veranda when the EUROPA 2 arrives in Cape Town’s harbour. Immerse yourself in the city’s hustle and bustle – for example, along the famous waterfront. Further highlights include a helicopter flight over two oceans* (subject to weather conditions) and the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden* and Constantia Vineyard*. After a final night on board, you will bid farewell to South Africa – or begin one of our post-cruise programmes*.
| Tue, 30.01.2018 |
| Wed, 31.01.2018 |
Arrival in Germany
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor / = golf course
Combine this cruise with EUX1803 and save € 1,500 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ Please note that you can choose between a Veranda Suite and an Ocean Suite.
² You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
YOUR PRIVATE PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE MONT ROCHELLE PRIVATELY
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: CAPE TOWN – THE MOST BEAUTIFUL END OF THE EARTH
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: SAFARI IN NGALA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME C: SAFARI IN SANBONA WILDLIFE RESERVE
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: CAPE TOWN – THE MOST BEAUTIFUL END OF THE EARTH
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: SAFARI IN NGALA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME C: SAFARI IN SANBONA WILDLIFE RESERVE
YOUR PRIVATE POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE MONT ROCHELLE PRIVATELY
Golf - Exclusive golfing in South Africa
Fri 19.01 Walvis Bay – Rossmund Golf Club
Situated on the edge of the Namib Desert, this 18-hole course is a bizarre blend of desert landscape and golf course. The springbok and oryx are just as thrilled, and often head to the fairways for lunch. Nevertheless, the course is in very good condition, although the greens are not easy to read.
Wed 24.01 Port Elizabeth – Humewood Golf Club
Since 1929, the dunes of Algoa Bay have been home to a challenging links course layout. This 18-hole course played a significant role in establishing South Africa’s golfing tradition and has hosted many international tournaments.
Fri 26.01 Durban – Durban Country Club
Built in 1922, this course is embedded in the dunes directly by the beach of the Indian Ocean. The long, undulating fairways stretch out in a dreamlike manner through the once sandy landscape, which constantly offers view of the Durban skyline. This course has hosted the South African Open on several occasions.
Sun 28.01 Mossel Bay – Pinnacle Point Golf Club
Situated directly by the rugged cliffs of Mossel Bay, this championship course is a unique natural experience. Playing on this course, which opened in 2006, is like playing in a world of three colours: green terrain beneath your feet, light blue sky above and dark blue sea in the background. The wide fairways will suit golfers of all levels. And it is worth packing your camera along with your golf balls!