Welcome on board
The three structurally identical expedition ships HANSEATIC nature,
HANSEATIC inspiration & HANSEATIC spirit will accompany you on the expedition of your life.
- More open deck space than on any other expedition ship
- Glass balconies: Float over the ocean with perfect views when watching whales and dolphins, for example
- Observation Deck and Lounge: The terraced Observation Deck offers the best views as well as permanently mounted binoculars. Located one deck lower, the Observation Lounge brings the excitement indoors with its 180-degree panoramic view
- Nature/inspiration walk: The new deck track at the bow puts you in the front row for wildlife sightings.
- Marina: The marina is the convenient starting point for a variety of warmwater sports – kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and snorkelling equipment are available for you to use
nature/inspiration walk at the bow
Extendible glass-floored balconies
Extendible glass-floored balconies
Technical Data of HANSEATIC nature & HANSEATIC inspiration & HANSEATIC spirit
|Start of construction||May 2017, October 2017, 2019|
|Shipyard ||VARD Group AS, Norway |
|Commissioning ||April and October 2019, Spring 2021 |
|Ship category ||5-stars* |
|Segment ||Expedition |
|Gross Tonnage (GT) ||15,650 |
|Length/Beam/Draught ||138 m=452 ft/22 m=72 ft/5,6 m=18 ft |
|Ice classification||PC6 – the highest ice class for passenger ships |
|Passenger decks ||7 |
|Cabins and suites ||120 |
|Cabin and suite types ||7 |
|Passenger capacity/Crew ||230 (199 for Antarctic expeditions and cruises around Spitsbergen)/approx. 175 |
|Marina ||1 |
|Restaurants ||3 |
|Bars, Lounges ||2 |
|Zodiacs ||17 |
|Extendible glass balconies ||2 |
|On-board language(s) ||German and German/English |
|On-board currency ||EUR|
Please note: from October 2020 (from cruise INS2020), the HANSEATIC inspiration will be a smoke-free ship. This applies to all interior public areas as well as on deck, including the private balconies and verandas. The HANSEATIC spirit is exclusively for adults (from 18 years).
* A classification from the Berlitz Cruise Guide is not currently available as this will be given once the ships are completed. We believe that the comfort standard is similar to that of our MS EUROPA/MS EUROPA 2 ships, which both received the distinction of 5-stars-plus in the Berlitz Cruise Guide 2019.
A new kind of freedom between adventure and pleasure
Come with us on a culinary voyage of discovery around the globe: on board, three spacious first-class restaurants create a unique and indulgent combination of expedition spirit and international gourmet cuisine. Spend your days and evenings however you wish thanks to flexible mealtimes, a free choice of seating and attentive 24-hour cabin service.
- HANSEATIC restaurant: The main restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere at any time of day – from breakfast to dinner, inspired by the region.
- Speciality restaurants: The Nikkei on the HANSEATIC inspiration will take you on a culinary voyage of discovery: explore exquisite Japanese creations and Peru’s modern and fashionable cooking. The Hamptons offers new culinary highlights of the North American east coast on the HANSEATIC nature. Enjoy french cuisine in the specialty restaurant on the HANSEATIC spirit.
- Lido restaurant: Eat under an open sky. The Bistro Restaurant offers 84 indoor and around 100 outdoor seats.
- Bars: spend the evening relaxing with a glass of wine in the Observation Lounge or the HanseAtrium.
Globetrotting delights: the HANSEATIC restaurant
HANSEATIC nature: Hamptons - culinary highlights of the North American east coast
HANSEATIC inspiration: Nikkei - exquisite Japanese creations and Peru’s modern and fashionable cooking
Eat under an open sky in the Lido Restaurant
Exclusive delights, wherever and whenever you please
The Observation Lounge brings the excitement indoors with its 180-degree panoramic view
Spend your evenings relaxing in the HanseAtrium
Do exactly what you want. When you want and where you want.
A breathtaking Zodiac ride, a challenging hike, a day in the Arctic ice – then close your eyes, feel the heat and indulge your senses.
- OCEAN SPA: Our new ships offer professional partial- and full-body massages, classic cosmetic treatments, a hairdresser and treatments for your hands and feet. The Finnish sauna with an ocean view and the steam sauna are the perfect end to every expedition.
- Pool area/bar: Thanks to its flexible canopy, the pool area with bar can be enjoyed whatever the weather. Water loungers and a counter-current system offer pure relaxation.
- Fitness area: The fitness area, which has been expanded significantly to around 100 m² / 1,076 ft², features up-to-date equipment, a separate course room and an incomparable ocean view.