On board MS BREMEN from Fiji to Bali
Expedition to the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea - Exotic worlds: diverse and undiscovered!
An unspoilt paradise with around 1,000 islands awaits you when you set out in the BREMEN for one of the most beautiful regions in the Pacific. Discover secluded beaches, emerald-green rainforests, mysterious rituals and testaments to a turbulent history – including numerous premiere destinations. These will crowned by the natural wonders of the picturesque Indonesian coast.
from Fiji to Bali
|Cruise dates:||from 30.03.2017 to 23.04.2017 (24 days)|
|Your ship:||MS BREMEN|
20 days cruise only from € 7,401 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 10,301 per person
| Thu, 30.03.2017 |
Scheduled flight Frankfurt – Singapore
| Fri, 31.03.2017 |
Connecting flight to Sydney
| Sat, 01.04.2017 |
City tour with lunch
| Sun, 02.04.2017 |
Scheduled flight to Lautoka/Fiji, departure 22.00 hrs
| Mon, 03.04.2017 |
- Tue, 04.04.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 05.04.2017 |
- Sun, 09.04.2017
Solomon Islands (Nendoe, Santa Ana Island, Langalanga, Onua Island, Pirumeri Island)
Solomon Islands: a South Seas insider’s tip
If you want to uncover the secrets of the hidden Solomon Islands and enjoy their exotic charms, you will be in your element on board the BREMEN. This is a destination for passionate explorers that is ideal for your expedition ship and the Zodiacs. Visit untouched beaches and look forward to encounters with mysterious cultures. But you will also experience the hospitality of the inhabitants when you are greeted off Nendoe by the village elder and allow yourself to be swept away by traditional dancing. On a Zodiac landing on picturesque Santa Ana Island, you will witness an impressive welcome ritual by the “warriors” of the village of Ghupuna, brandishing their spears. Be inspired by the genuine nature of the people. New terrain lies ahead when the BREMEN makes for Langalanga for the first time. On your Zodiac landing on the fine sandy beach, marvel at the mussels that are traditionally used as a form of payment here. Something money cannot buy is a relaxing spell of bathing and snorkelling in the shallow, azure-blue waters of Onua Island. The colourful dancing and religious songs on tiny Pirumeri Island will immerse you in the lives of the islanders and leave you wishing this explorer’s dream would never end.
| Mon, 10.04.2017 |
- Fri, 14.04.2017
Papua New Guinea (Rabaul, Kavieng, Garove Island , Kopar , Wewak)
Papua New Guinea: playing with fire
Spread across more than 600 islands, Papua New Guinea has the untamed power of fire to thank for many of its beautiful facets. In the Bismarck Archipelago, Rabaul is a spectacular sight from the moment you approach the harbour: the small town is surrounded by six volcanoes – some of them still active – that send mystical clouds of smoke into the blue sky. Gain insights into the history of Rabaul* by visiting the volcano observatory, among other things. Your discoveries continue when the BREMEN sets sail for Kavieng, which lies on the north cape of the island of New Ireland in the middle of the current area between the open Pacific and the Bismarck Sea. A diverse underwater world has developed here that attracts diving enthusiasts every year. You will also be impressed by Garove Island, a premiere destination for the BREMEN. The volcanic island is surrounded by a huge caldera that was flooded by the ocean. Gigantic walls up to 300 m high rise up around you. Your thrilling experiences continue on a Zodiac ride on the Sepik River to Kopar. Lateral canals will allow you to explore the lush vegetation and dense forests. You will also be enchanted by vibrant performances by local dance groups. Deepen your insights into the lives of the people: on an excursion on traditional buses, you will get some impressions of Wewak*, the unspoilt coastal city whose inhabitants live off farming and fishing.
| Sat, 15.04.2017 |
- Sun, 16.04.2017
Indonesia (Port Numbay, Pulau Aibai)
Indonesia: the realm of huge monitor lizards
The BREMEN is ideal for exploring the world’s largest island state. In the shallow waters along the coast, which is lined with islands, it can take full advantage of its manoeuvrability and shallow draught. This will allow you to reach Port Numbay, for example, where you where you immerse yourself in the local city life or take a boat trip to the landscape and Lake Sentani *. For the first time, the BREMEN will visit the idyllic island of Pulau Aibai, whose secluded beach and crystal-clear water invite you to swim and snorkel.
| Mon, 17.04.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 18.04.2017 |
The limestone islands of Arguni will take you into the distant past: from the Zodiacs, you will be able to get close to its marvellous rock paintings, which are located just a few metres above the sea and are around 3,000 years old.
| Wed, 19.04.2017 |
- Thu, 20.04.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 21.04.2017 |
Set foot on Komodo, the “island of dragons”, home to around 2,000 lizards. These include monitor lizards, one of the oldest species on the planet that still recall the age of the dinosaurs. In the national park, you will follow the trail of the resident reptiles, which can grow to up to 3 m in length and 140 kg in weight. Weighty impressions of a magical expedition that you will remember for years to come.
| Sat, 22.04.2017 |
Benoa/Bali/Indonesia, arrival 8.00 hrs
| Sun, 23.04.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Attractive combination discount of € 700
Enjoy savings when you extend this cruise to include BRE1706.
Please note that this cruise is conducted in German.
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: LOMANI ISLAND RESORT – YOUR SOUTH SEAS HIDEAWAY
PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: DOWN UNDER: SYDNEY AND AYERS ROCK
POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: BEACH DAYS ON BALI
POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: BALI – ISLAND OF THE GODS
A marine biology specialist in the team of experts
Graduate biologist Wolfgang Bittmann has managed to turn his hobbies into a career: since graduating, he has been travelling the world as a tour guide, diver and photographer. He will show you the best places to go snorkelling and the unique flora and fauna of the South Pacific – including tips on taking the perfect photos.