On board MS HANSEATIC from Iquitos to Belem
Expedition Amazon - The source of life in a green paradise
Journey into the heart of the Amazon on an adventure: travel along winding waterways to unique experiences deep in the jungle. A natural treasure chest of exotic creatures, lush plants and untouched native villages awaits you. With the HANSEATIC and its Zodiacs, you will explore South America’s lifeline close-up – diverse, captivating, unforgettable.
from Iquitos to Belem
|Cruise dates:||from 26.04.2017 to 14.05.2017 (18 days)|
|Your ship:||MS HANSEATIC|
16 days cruise only from € 8,990 per person
incl. travel package to departure point from € 10,110 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Wed, 26.04.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Frankfurt to Lima
| Thu, 27.04.2017 |
Charter flight to Iquitos (Amazon)/Peru, departure 18.00 hrs
Natural spectacles in the Garden of Eden
| Fri, 28.04.2017 |
- Wed, 03.05.2017
Downstream on the Amazon with Zodiac landings (including Libertad, Leticia, Panelas, Rio Jutai, Cuxiu Muni)
Pay a visit to Libertad and the Yagua natives to gain fascinating insights while surrounded by manioc and pepper trees. The markets of Leticia also show life in harmony with nature – the scents and colours of spices and tropical fruits enchant the senses. Away from the hustle and bustle, some people are still said to live in complete isolation. Much more visible is the diverse animal kingdom, for example, in Panelas. Whether on deck or in a Zodiac – this cruise constantly presents you with marvellous sights, for example, on the Rio Jutai. Here, the cries of parrots echo over the water from the orchid-covered jungle trees, providing musical accompaniment to the dance of countless butterfly species. On a night-time Zodiac ride through the rainforest of Cuxiu Muni, the flitting fireflies seem almost like stars fallen from the tropical night sky. The bright eyes of the caimans, which you might be lucky enough to spot in the darkness, provide another very special natural spectacle.
| Thu, 04.05.2017 |
- Fri, 05.05.2017
An eldorado of fascinating contradictions
| Fri, 05.05.2017 |
- Sun, 07.05.2017
Ride and Zodiac landings on the Rio Negro
The famous Meeting of the Waters is a natural paintbox: the clay-yellow Rio Solimoes mixes with the “black” Rio Negro – water level permitting, the HANSEATIC will explore its riverbanks in particular detail. In this designated conservation area, you will ride out in the Zodiacs to get up close to the wealth of flora and fauna. This continues in Pagodao, where the wildlife chorus heralds natural diversity.
| Mon, 08.05.2017 |
- Thu, 11.05.2017
Further downstream on the Amazon with Zodiac landings (including Canacari, Parintins, Alter do Chao, Guajara)
Canacari will take your natural experiences to a very special level. With the Zodiacs, you will travel through floating water grass and past the world’s largest water lilies with leaves 3 m in diameter. At the middle point of the Amazon, Parintins is the epitome of flourishing city life. During the “Bumba-meu-boi”, dancers in colourful costumes are accompanied by intoxicating music as they tell the legend of the resurrection of a bull.
| Fri, 12.05.2017 |
Day trip through the Breves Channels
Your on-board experts will be happy to tell you which of the over 3,000 different species of fish live in the Breves Channels. They will draw your attention to the wonders of the nearby shores on this impressive daytime passage – from the art of the stilt buildings in the hidden settlements to the natural discoveries of Alexander von Humboldt.
| Sat, 13.05.2017 |
Belem, arrival 5.00 hrs (subject to the tides)
You will reach Belem wishing this cruise would never end. And even if this is where you disembark, your memories of this paradise will stay with you forever.
| Sun, 14.05.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
A change in itinerary may become necessary on this expedition. The captain will decide on the best possible alternative depending on local conditions.
= at anchor
¹ Butler service included in categories 6 and 7
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German: