On board MS HANSEATIC from Guayaquil to Belem
Expedition Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama - Treasures of Central and South America
Natural treasures shape this premier HANSEATIC route between the Pacific and Caribbean: untouched picture-book islands with exotic flora and fauna, traces of colonial times and daytime passage through the Panama Canal.
from Guayaquil to Belem
|Cruise dates:||from 20.03.2017 to 11.04.2017 (22 days)|
|Your ship:||MS HANSEATIC|
20 days cruise only from € 9,090 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 11,110 per person
| Mon, 20.03.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Frankfurt to Guayaquil
| Tue, 21.03.2017 |
| Wed, 22.03.2017 |
Isla de la Plata
Mysterious natural treasures
| Thu, 23.03.2017 |
- Fri, 24.03.2017
Colombia (Isla Gorgona , Utria National Park )
Find tracks, don’t leave them behind: visit the rainforest island of Isla Gorgona – once a base for pirates, then the “Alcatraz of Colombia” and now a nature reserve. When it comes to the diversity of flora and fauna, however, the island is surpassed by the virtually untouched rainforests of Utria National Park. This is one of the world’s greatest examples of biodiversity, with anteaters, howler and spider monkeys, wild cats, deer and other species. Which will you spot?
| Sat, 25.03.2017 |
Isla de Coiba/Panama
During a walk in the jungle or along the lagoon, the experts on board will continually hone your eye for unforgettable natural and animal sightings. This will allow you to view the natural beauty of Isla Coiba from another perspective, too. This is one of the many small, untouched islands in the national park designated a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site.
| Sun, 26.03.2017 |
- Mon, 27.03.2017
Costa Rica (Bahia Drake , Papagayo Peninsula )
Costa Rica demonstrates in impressive fashion why its name means “rich coast” in Spanish. The natural treasures of Bahia Drake will prove as fascinating as the legendary privateer for whom the idyllic bay is named. The HANSEATIC will drop anchor here just as his ship did all that time ago. The destination: unforgettable moments on a hike in Corcovado National Park*, a pristine lowland rainforest. Alternatively, you can form a very special connection with nature during a horseback ride on the beach*. The HANSEATIC will allow you to discover the Papagayo Peninsula, a Garden of Eden with unspoilt beaches and considered Costa Rica’s untamed beauty of the Pacific coast.
| Tue, 28.03.2017 |
San Juan del Sur/Nicaragua
Your adventure in Nicaragua starts in San Juan del Sur, as it did for the prospectors who left from here for the USA in the times of the gold rush. On an excursion, you can discover the flair of colonial times and trace the footsteps of the conquistadors in Granada*. Or you can let yourself be enchanted by the impressive Masaya Volcano* and the Santiago crater, which regularly produces clouds of smoke.
| Wed, 29.03.2017 |
Golfito/Golfo Dulce/Costa Rica
Life is a little more peaceful in Costa Rica’s small coastal town of Golfito, where you can explore the picturesque beaches and pristine rainforest at your own pace.
| Thu, 30.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 31.03.2017 |
Daytime passage through the Panama Canal
Man-made and natural masterpieces
| Sat, 01.04.2017 |
San Blas Islands/Panama
This technical masterpiece is also South America’s breathtaking lifeline – and experience that lasts until you reach the Caribbean side of the San Blas Islands. The small autonomous island reserve of the Kuna indigenous people, famous for their elaborately decorated molas, shows its picture-book side on Isla Diablo. Even more colourful is the landscape of Curacao with its turquoise water.
| Sun, 02.04.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 03.04.2017 |
Historic Willemstad is a Dutch treasure of palm trees with its canals, pastel-coloured houses and the historic Fort Amsterdam. Enjoy the Caribbean atmosphere on a city tour* through the romantic alleys, or trace the history of slavery on an island tour* to Boca Tabla in the national park.
| Tue, 04.04.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 05.04.2017 |
On Tobago, Scarborough will quell your yearning for relaxation on the Caribbean coast under an azure sky. “Hustle and bustle” is a foreign concept here. But the secrets of the huge trees, plants and tropical birds are much more familiar, as you will find out on a walk through the rainforest*. The marvels continue under the water on a trip in a glass-bottom boat* over diverse coral gardens.
| Thu, 06.04.2017 |
Entspannung auf See
| Fri, 07.04.2017 |
Ile Royale/Iles du Salut/French Guiana
French Guiana will show you the thrilling side of life surrounded by tropical vegetation. Let yourself be enchanted by the fascinating former penal colony of Ile Royale, and take the feeling of Caribbean freedom home with you.
| Sat, 08.04.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 09.04.2017 |
Belem/Brazil, arrival 22.30 hrs (subject to the tides)
| Mon, 10.04.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Belem to Frankfurt
| Tue, 11.04.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
A change in itinerary may become necessary on this expedition. The captain will decide on the best possible alternative depending on local conditions.
= at anchor
Attractive combination discount of € 400
Enjoy savings when you extend this cruise to include HAN1706.
¹ Butler service included in categories 6 and 7
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German: