On board MS HANSEATIC from Punta Arenas to Guayaquil
Expedition Chilean Fjords - Drama of nature
Welcome to the land of 1,000 contrasts: Chile. Interplay of labyrinthine fjord scenery, lush green forests, diverse fauna, snow-covered volcanic cones and relics of ancient civilisations. On this fascinating expedition, discover a route shaped by outstanding experiences.
from Punta Arenas to Guayaquil
|Cruise dates:||from 26.02.2017 to 22.03.2017 (24 days)|
|Your ship:||MS HANSEATIC|
21 days cruise only from € 9,590 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 11,850 per person
| Sun, 26.02.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Frankfurt to Santiago de Chile
| Mon, 27.02.2017 |
Overnight stay with breakfast
| Tue, 28.02.2017 |
Flight to Punta Arenas/Chile, departure 18.00 hrs
| Wed, 01.03.2017 |
- Mon, 06.03.2017
Chile’s fjords (journey through the Strait of Magellan, Puerto Natales, cruise through the Chilean fjord scenery, cruise past the Pio XI Glacier, Caleta Tortel , Puerto Chacabuco (Aisen) Chile )
Untouched and elemental
| Tue, 07.03.2017 |
The island of Chiloe is famous for the living mythology of its indigenous people, the Huilliche. The wooden churches in the city of Castro have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as have the typical houses on stilts, which you can view on an island tour*.
| Wed, 08.03.2017 |
Snow-topped Osorno Volcano, not far from Puerto Montt, is truly outstanding. You can admire this during a scenic journey through Chile’s lake district* to Vicente Perez Rosales National Park with its magical “emerald lake” and the Petrohue waterfalls. A thrilling white-water-rafting trip on Petrohue River* will send you even deeper into this world of pristine forests and majestic mountains.
| Thu, 09.03.2017 |
Home to diving petrels, albatrosses, skuas and many other species, Niebla is a heaven on earth for ornithologists. The hike in Oncol National Park* will show you the riches of the forests with canelo and olivillo trees – crowned by views of the ocean and the Andes. German immigrants have left their mark in Valdivia and the surrounding area* – both in the street names and in the coastal city’s European feel.
| Fri, 10.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sat, 11.03.2017 |
Mysterious relics in a magical landscape
| Sun, 12.03.2017 |
Isla Damas , cruising off Isla Chanaral
Explore the home of Humboldt penguins, cormorants and turkey vultures following the Zodiac landing on the small Isla Damas (subject to official approval). Your wildlife sightings will continue on a Zodiac ride off Isla Chanaral, where you can keep a lookout for seabirds and seals.
| Mon, 13.03.2017 |
- Wed, 15.03.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 16.03.2017 |
In Paracas, Peru, one of South America’s largest marine nature reserves, there will be a particularly fascinating feeling in the air on a boat trip to the Islas Ballestas* – quite literally, in the form of gannets and Inca terms, which share the islands with seals. A bird’s-eye view will show you the full magic of geometric figures and monumental animal images on the desert floor: explore the mystery on a flight over the Nazca Lines*. There are various theories as to the origins of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is over 2,000 years old.
| Fri, 17.03.2017 |
From Callao, you will discover the secrets of ancient cultures in Peru’s capital on a visit to Huaca Huallamarca and Huaca Pucllana*. Churches and squares tell of the golden age of Spain’s colonial history on a city tour of Lima*.
| Sat, 18.03.2017 |
The propeller of the HANSEATIC seems to turn back time and revivie the Chimu civilisation as you near Salaverry. Explore the Huaca el Dragon temple and Chan Chan*, built around 1300 and possibly the continent’s largest archaeological site. Even older relics can be found in the Moche Valley and the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon*, constructed using millions of adobe bricks and decorated with detailed friezes.
| Sun, 19.03.2017 |
Islas Lobos de Afuera
Cultural treasures compete with natural riches on a Zodiac landing on the small Islas Lobos de Afuera. The “island of sea lions” will provide a great conclusion to your spectacular expedition.
| Mon, 20.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 21.03.2017 |
Guayaquil/Ecuador, arrival 7.00 hrs
| Wed, 22.03.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Attractive combination discount of € 500
Enjoy savings when you extend this cruise to include HAN1705.
¹ Butler service included in categories 6 and 7
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German: