On board MS EUROPA 2 from Cape Town to Mauritius
In the kingdom of wild animals.
Africa’s animal kingdom promises unforgettable encounters. Stunning island worlds, the metropolis of Cape Town and the unique natural world of Madagascar provide fascinating contrasts to the steppe and savannah.
from Cape Town to Mauritius
|Cruise dates:||from 29.01.2018 to 14.02.2018 (16 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
14 days cruise only from € 7,876 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 9,456 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Mon, 29.01.2018 |
Scheduled flight from Germany to Cape Town
| Tue, 30.01.2018 |
Transfer to embarkation point
Arrive a little early to enjoy the flair of Table Mountain’s metropolis on our pre-cruise programmes*, perhaps in combination with a safari. Thanks to an overnight stay on board, you will have plenty of time at the start of your cruise to explore this booming town. Another famous site also holds great appeal: the legendary Cape of Good Hope*. Alternative programme: riding on Noordhoek beach* or an excursion to the wine-growing region of Stellenbosch*.
| Wed, 31.01.2018 |
Cape Town, departure 23.00 hrs
| Thu, 01.02.2018 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 02.02.2018 |
Port Elizabeth/South Africa, arrival 6.00 hrs
Over a stay of almost two days, the sprawling coastal city entices with fine sandy beaches and a township tour* to a somewhat different side of South Africa. Just outside the city, Africa’s fascinating wildlife awaits you: in Addo Elephant National Park*, Kariega Game Reserve* with giraffes, zebras and antelopes or Pumba Private Game Reserve*, where you will spend a two-day overland excursion on the trail of the “big five” (re-embarkation in Durban).
| Sat, 03.02.2018 |
Port Elizabeth, departure 16.00 hrs
| Sun, 04.02.2018 |
Durban/South Africa, arrival 22.00 hrs
European, African and Indian cultures come together in the city to form an irresistible blend. Discover the city on a tour*. The programme for active holidaymakers and nature lovers: a canopy adventure* in the jungle or a game drive through Tala Game Reserve*.
| Mon, 05.02.2018 |
Durban, departure 18.00 hrs
| Tue, 06.02.2018 |
Richard’s Bay/South Africa, arrival 5.00 hrs
Two days spent up-close with the spectacular Zulu Kingdom: South Africa’s largest port is the perfect starting point for impressive discovery tours. A visit to a Zulu village* will provide in-depth insights into the tribe’s proud tradition, while a boat trip through iSimangaliso Wetland Park* will (with a little luck) result in encounters with crocodiles and hippos. As spectacular as it is magical: sunrise at Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Nature Reserve*. Fantastic moments whose effects will continue during two relaxing days at sea.
| Wed, 07.02.2018 |
Richard’s Bay, departure 18.00 hrs
| Thu, 08.02.2018 |
- Fri, 09.02.2018
Relaxation at sea
| Sat, 10.02.2018 |
Port d’Ehoala (Taolanaro)/Madagascar 7.00 – 17.00 hrs
“Place of dreams” – Taolanaro (Fort Dauphin) fulfils its name with a panoramic view of Saint Louis mountain. On a walk through Nahampoana Reserve* you will see Ravenala palms, baobabs and, with a little luck, lemurs.
| Sun, 11.02.2018 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 12.02.2018 |
Le Port/Reunion/France, 7.00 – 18.00 hrs
The overseas department of Reunion is France’s paradise. The highlights: the Piton de la Fournaise volcano* and a helicopter flight* over the impressive volcanic landscape (subject to weather conditions).
| Tue, 13.02.2018 |
Port Louis/Mauritius, arrival 6.00 hrs
Stay longer on this dream island with our post-cruise programmes*.
| Wed, 14.02.2018 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
Combine this cruise with EUX1804 and save € 1,000 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ Please note that you can choose between a Veranda Suite and an Ocean Suite.
² You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German: