On board MS EUROPA 2 from Colon to Valparaiso
From the Panama Canal to Chile.
The contemporary megacity: Panama City. The fabled legend of a bygone age: Machu Picchu. Plus overwhelming nature and architecture. Western South America is worth a visit.
from Colon to Valparaiso
|Cruise dates:||from 06.12.2017 to 20.12.2017 (14 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 6,641 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 8,301 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Wed, 06.12.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Frankfurt to Panama City and transfer to Colon to embarkation point
| Wed, 06.12.2017 |
Experience some of Panama’s high points in our pre-cruise programmes*, with a fascinating highlight to kick off your cruise: the daytime passage through the Panama Canal, a technological masterpiece spanning over 80 km (49 mi.) through green rainforest and wild mangroves.
| Thu, 07.12.2017 |
Colon, departure 7.00 hrs
Panama City is a place of stunning contrasts with its modern skyscraper skyline and the picturesque old town of Casco Viejo. Stroll through the UNESCO World Heritage Site, passing historic buildings, churches and the presidential palace, or take a helicopter flight* over this impressive metropolis. A boat tour on Gatun Lake with a cable car ride* also promises thrilling perspectives.
| Fri, 08.12.2017 |
Flamenco Island (Panama-City) , departure 17.30 hrs
| Sat, 09.12.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 10.12.2017 |
Manta/Ecuador, 5.00 – 22.00 hrs
Experience Ecuador: the coastal city is your starting point for a hike in the coastal forest of Pacoche* or a flight to Quito*. In the world’s highest capital city, walk through the impressive old town at 2,800 m (9,186 ft). Enjoy a panorama of snow-covered volcanic slopes.
| Mon, 11.12.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 12.12.2017 |
Salaverry/Peru, 8.00 – 14.30 hrs
Houses in every colour, balconies adorned with flowers and tucked-away courtyards – succumb to the charms of Salaverry at the foot of the Andes, the ideal location for fascinating journeys into the past: to the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon* with their artistic paintings or the Huaca el Dragon temple* and the labyrinthine alleyways of the adobe city of Chan Chan*.
| Wed, 13.12.2017 |
Callao (Lima)/Peru, 7.00 – 19.00 hrs
Metropolis or mysticism, the choice is yours: take a tour of Lima* and discover the modern face of the city and the Spanish legacy around Plaza de Armas. Alternatively, take a two-day overland excursion to one of the world’s most spectacular sites: the ruins of Machu Picchu*, the mysterious and legendary Inca city.
| Thu, 14.12.2017 |
Paracas (Pisco)/Peru , 7.30 – 18.00 hrs
Over 2,000 years old and only truly visible from the air: fly over the Nazca Lines* and marvel at monumental animal images and geometric figures. Just as impressive are the Inca ruins of Tambo*.
| Fri, 15.12.2017 |
Matarani/Peru , 17.00 – 20.00 hrs
Resume the cross-country journey to Machu Picchu*.
| Sat, 16.12.2017 |
Arica/Chile, 8.00 – 14.00 hrs
A walk through eternal spring: thanks to its mild climate, the city is filled with blossoms and greenery.
| Sun, 17.12.2017 |
- Mon, 18.12.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 19.12.2017 |
Valparaiso/Chile, arrival 0.30 hrs
After two relaxing days at sea, your cruise ends in Chile’s cultural capital. Continue in Santiago de Chile with our post-cruise programme*.
| Wed, 20.12.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Combine this cruise with EUX1800 and save € 1,000 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: THE HIGHLIGHTS OF PANAMA CITY
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: PANAMA: TROPICAL RAINFOREST AND SKYSCRAPERS
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: SANTIAGO – THE METROPOLIS OF THE ANDES
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: SANTIAGO AND CHILEAN WINE
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME C: ACTIVELY EXPERIENCE CHILE
Exclusive, renowned guests discuss contemporary issues.
Sabine Christiansen, one of the most famous journalists in Germany, will invite renowned experts in the fields of finance, politics and society to discuss contemporary issues. At “talk2christiansen” presentations, discussion rounds and conversations, you will meet international politicians, Nobel Prize winners, entrepreneurs, experts, best-selling authors and figures from public life. In this exclusive format, you will come face-to-face with people who have something to say. For example, previous guests who have participated in “talk2christiansen” include Joseph Stiglitz, winner of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences; Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference; Frank Sieren, a leading specialist on Asia; Dirk “Mr DAX” Müller; and many others.