On board MS EUROPA 2 from New York to Nassau (Bahamas)
East Side Story.
Florida’s sun-kissed, idyllic beaches and the cities of America’s East Coast. Experience the most stunning side of the North American continent with the EUROPA 2.
from New York to Nassau (Bahamas)
|Cruise dates:||from 27.10.2017 to 10.11.2017 (14 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 6,490 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 7,820 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Fri, 27.10.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Germany to New York and transfer to the embarkation point
| Fri, 27.10.2017 |
| Sat, 28.10.2017 |
| Sun, 29.10.2017 |
New York, departure 6.00 hrs
| Mon, 30.10.2017 |
Baltimore/Maryland/USA, 8.00 – 20.00 hrs
The home of Edgar Allan Poe is your starting point to visit major sites in American politics: a city tour through Washington* will take you from the White House to the Lincoln Memorial and on to the grave of John F. Kennedy. “Meet” one of his most famous predecessors at Mount Vernon*, the former country residence of George Washington.
| Tue, 31.10.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 01.11.2017 |
Charleston/South Carolina/USA, 9.00 – 0.00 hrs
True southern flair. Journey through time in what was once America’s richest city: walk past historic buildings from the era of the Civil War and sites such as the Boone Hall Plantation* where the series “North and South” was filmed. Get to know the region’s classic dishes in a cookery class*.
| Thu, 02.11.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 03.11.2017 |
Port Canaveral/Florida/USA, 7.00 – 18.00 hrs
Thrilling technology: immerse yourself in the world of space shuttles at the Kennedy Space Center*. Or explore St. Augustine*, the oldest city in the United States to have been founded by Europeans.
| Sat, 04.11.2017 |
Miami/Florida/USA, arrival 8.00 hrs
Loud, colourful, casual: explore Florida, the Sunshine State, for example in the vibrant and trendy district of Little Havana or on a walk through the Art Deco District. An impressive natural spectacle: Everglades National Park* with its alligators.
| Sun, 05.11.2017 |
Miami, departure 17.00 hrs
| Mon, 06.11.2017 |
Key West/Florida/USA, 9.00 – 17.00 hrs
Hemingway was fascinated by its palm trees, idyllic beaches and sunshine. Today, this is the perfect backdrop for sports with thrills guaranteed – from parasailing* off the coast to jet-skiing*. Alternatively, take a ride on the Conch Train*.
| Tue, 07.11.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 08.11.2017 |
Harbour Island/Bahamas , 7.00 – 22.00 hrs
Dunmore Town entices with its magnificent buildings from the time of the sugar barons and a beach of pink sand around 5 km (3 mi.) long.
| Thu, 09.11.2017 |
Nassau/New Providence Island/Bahamas, arrival 6.00 hrs
Your cruise ends in the capital of the Bahamas with a flight to Miami for further return flights. Alternatively, stay a little longer in Florida with our post-cruise programme*.
| Fri, 10.11.2017 |
Arrival in Germany
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Combine this cruise with EUX1729 and save € 1,000 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ Please note that you can choose between a Veranda Suite and an Ocean Suite.
² You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
YOUR PRIVATE PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE NEW YORK PRIVATELY
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: MIAMI – CASUAL MIAMI BEACH
YOUR INDIVIDUAL CRUISE ARRANGEMENT
Tap Factor, tap dancing
The Tap Factor is proud to present Tap in the Night, an elegant evening of Jazz music and world class tap dancing. These incredible performers are coming straight from NYC, NY to perform for you here tonight. Over the past 20 years, this company has trained and performed with some of most notable institutions in the world. They have been seen performing on Broadway and with international touring companies of some of the most recognizable names in the business - Tap Dogs, Riverdance, the Color Purple, Xanado, and Cirque du Soleil are just a few of the notable credits this incredibly talented ensemble brings from their over 20 years of experience. Please join us for an evening of live classic jazz standards with a contemporary twist as these phenomenal entertainers present, Tap in the Night.
Take a journey through the evolution of tap dance as the Tap Factor proudly presents Feet Speak, a live documentary on the great American art form and it’s influence on the world today. From the basic steps to some more complex, here you will witness masterful precision as the dancers replicate original choreography performed by some of the most recognizable legends of tap as well as contemporary works of their own. You won’t want to miss this exciting dedication to tap dance and those who have made it possible for you witness the dance here tonight.
Sven Kuntze, journalist
After a university career as a research assistant for sociology, he spent three decades working as an editor, managing editor, reporter, studio director, foreign correspondent and as a presenter at ARD. His professional career has taken him from Bonn to New York, Washington DC and Berlin, interrupted by several years of living in Cologne, where he presented the Morgenmagazin on ARD. Kuntze received the German Television Award for his 90-minute documentary Alt sein auf Probe, and was also nominated a second time. His other awards include the Preis der Deutschen Bischofskonferenz and the Lebenswerkpreis from the TV show Tagesschau. In 1998, Kuntze published New York City – eine wunderbare Katastrophe. The book Altern wie ein Gentleman came out three years ago and was in the Spiegel magazine’s bestseller list for several weeks. This was followed by the Random House publication Die schamlose Generation, wie wir die Zukunft unsere Kinder und Enkel ruinierten.