On board MS EUROPA 2 from Hamburg to Lisbon
The highlights of western Europe.
Western Europe from England to Portugal: between trends, delights and cultural diversity, you will travel along the picturesque Atlantic coast of our home continent – with a variety of highlights in every port.
from Hamburg to Lisbon
|Cruise dates:||from 02.10.2017 to 15.10.2017 (13 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 5,691 per person
incl. travel package from arrival point from € 5,981 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Mon, 02.10.2017 |
Your cruise starts in the port of Hamburg.
| Tue, 03.10.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 04.10.2017 |
Greenwich (London)/England/Great Britain , arrival 13.00 hrs
From the place that determines the world’s time, you will soon reach Europe’s capital of design, culture and lifestyle: London. Experience the British capital with all its highlights, at your leisure or on a visit to the hip district of Camden. Alternatively, set out for the heart of the Anglican Church: Canterbury Cathedral*. For an atmospheric finish, cruise the Thames with the EUROPA 2.
| Thu, 05.10.2017 |
| Fri, 06.10.2017 |
Greenwich (London) , departure 13.30 hrs
| Sat, 07.10.2017 |
St. Peter Port/Guernsey/Channel Islands/Great Britain , 12.00 – 23.00 hrs
Cypresses, bananas and palm trees alongside English cottages and country houses? Only on Guernsey. Explore the spectacular landscape on a guided coastal walk*, an island tour* or in a speedy RIB*.
| Sun, 08.10.2017 |
St. Malo/France , 9.00 – 21.00 hrs
A place like a medieval sea fortress: be inspired by a walk through the old town. Just outside the city lies one of the world’s most famous pilgrimage sites: the monastic island of Mont Saint Michel*. Connoisseurs travel to Cancale* – Brittany’s oyster capital.
| Mon, 09.10.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 10.10.2017 |
Bilbao/Spain , 8.00 – 19.00 hrs
The world’s oldest transporter bridge by Alberto Palacio Elissague. The metro stations of Sir Norman Foster. And, of course, the spectacular Guggenheim Museum* by Frank O. Gehry: Bilbao is a mecca for fans of architecture and art. Nature lovers cruise through the Basque country* in an all-terrain vehicle*.
| Wed, 11.10.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 12.10.2017 |
Vilagarcia/Spain , 7.00 – 18.00 hrs
Narrow alleys and houses in the Moorish style: the coastal town is like something from a painting. From here, you will reach the legendary destination of St. James’s Way: Santiago de Compostela*.
| Fri, 13.10.2017 |
Leixoes (Porto)/Portugal , 8.00 – 19.00 hrs
La Ribeira, Porto’s old town, stretches down to the banks of the Douro as a series of terraces and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a tour and discover the winding streets with their magnificent squares. Alternatively, embark on a river trip with port wine tasting*.
| Sat, 14.10.2017 |
Lisbon/Portugal, arrival 12.00 hrs
| Sun, 15.10.2017 |
* The post-cruise programme and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor / = golf course
Combine this cruise with EUX1727 and save € 1,000 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
YOUR INDIVIDUAL CRUISE ARRANGEMENT - HAMBURG
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: SINTRA AND CASCAIS WITH THE BEETLE CABRIOLET
YOUR PRIVATE POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE LISBON PRIVATELY
Holiday time is family time – and particularly relaxing on the EUROPA 2: with plenty of opportunities for parents and children to explore the world together and go their own ways. In addition to a varied on-board programme of games and sports as well as arts and crafts, children and teens on family cruises can take part in excursions* that have been specially designed for them. Our travel concierge will be happy to provide you with recommendations for your personal family excursions*.
* This service is not included in the cruise price.
Famous museums and well-known galleries, art discussions with experts and artists on board: art2sea is a diverse, inspiring voyage into the world of art. In collaboration with WELTKUNST magazine and its editor-in-chief Dr Lisa Zeitz, popular artists provide an exciting look behind the scenes of the international art world.
Golf - tee time in western Europe
Thu 05.10 Greenwich (London) – Royal Blackheath Golf Club
This beautiful English parkland course was created by Tom Dunn in 1892 – just 15 km (9 mi.) from the City of London, the course remains an oasis of calm. The par 70 course offers particularly fast greens and some tricky fairways. A “royal” golfing experience in the traditional English style!
Sun 08.10 St. Malo – Saint Malo Golf Club
This course is one of Brittany’s most attractive, with an unusual harmony between the fairways and their unspoilt natural settings. Players are accompanied around the 18 holes by natural water courses, solid granite and centuries-old trees. In between these features, you will be playing on long, undulating fairways with some fast greens.
Tue 10.10 Bilbao – Ganguren golf club
This very hilly 18-hole course was created by Jose Maria Olazabal. The Spanish professional had a unique understanding of how to integrate the plateau landscape into his layout to offer players constantly breathtaking views. This course is not just a highlight for passionate golfers, but also an experience for keen photographers!
Thu 12.10 Vilagarcia – La Toja golf club (additional course)
This may only be a nine-hole course, but what a course it is! At five of the nine holes alone, the narrow Ria de Arousa estuary follows the fairways to the green, making a game at Toja a very special experience. The fjord acts as an obstacle in places, and you will play over water or the beach depending on the tides. Here too, it is worth packing a camera in your golf bag. Today you will play two rounds of nine holes.
Fri 13.10 Leixoes (Porto) – Amarante golf club
Today, golf is a highlight in the truest sense of the word, as this golfing adventure takes place 600 m (1,968 ft) above sea level. The course’s topographical situation has a significant influence on the fairways. Seven par 3 holes and three par 5 holes have been created here that demand all your golfing skills. No surprise when the “playing field” is constantly undulating.