On board MS EUROPA 2 from Hamburg to Kiel
Small sea. Big experiences.
Scandinavian charm, Russian might and trendspotting: popular cities such as Tallinn and metropolises such as Stockholm, Helsinki and St. Petersburg make the Baltic an attractive destination.
| Thu, 24.08.2017 |
Individual travel arrangements to cruise departure point
Setting out from Hamburg, the EUROPA 2 will set a course for the coastlines of the Baltic.
| Fri, 25.08.2017 |
Daytime passage through the Kiel Canal
Enjoy the extremely impressive views of the northern German countryside during the passage.
| Sat, 26.08.2017 |
Copenhagen/Denmark, 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
The Danish capital has it all: it is the seat of parliament, a royal city, a laboratory of design, an art metropolis and an architectural Mecca. Explore Copenhagen on foot, on a Segway* or on a panoramic canal trip*.
| Sun, 27.08.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 28.08.2017 |
Cruising through the archipelago early in the morning
Early in the morning, the EUROPA 2 will navigate the famous archipelago and provide dreamlike views of the picturesque islands and small cliffs. Enjoy the famous Scandinavian flair in the city itself. Just two of the options open to you: explore the city from the water* or see the archipelago from a helicopter*. Fans of pop music will be in their element following in the footsteps of ABBA*.
| Tue, 29.08.2017 |
Stockholm , departure 14.00 hrs
| Wed, 30.08.2017 |
Tallinn/Estonia , 8.00 – 0.00 hrs
The old town of Tallinn is the Middle Ages made manifest – and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travel back to a time long past as you walk past the town hall and guildhalls. Tallinn’s trendy cafe culture* is less well-known but all the more comfortable because of it.
| Thu, 31.08.2017 |
Helsinki/Finland, 7.00 – 14.00 hrs
The metropolis is known as the “Paris of the north”. Its sights include Sibelius Park and its monolithic church, and seeing the city both ashore and from the water* promises to be an unforgettable experience. A ride through the archipelago on the doorstep of Helsinki in an RIB boat* or kayak* is no less thrilling.
| Fri, 01.09.2017 |
St. Petersburg/Russia, arrival 7.00 hrs
The pomp and majesty of the tsars can be seen everywhere in this UNESCO World Heritage Site, and you will have two full days in which to explore it. Such as in the Catherine Palace*, home to a gleaming reconstruction of the legendary Amber Room. With more than three million exhibits, the Hermitage* is no less overwhelming. You will be guided through selected rooms as part of an exclusive visit* in the evening.
| Sat, 02.09.2017 |
St. Petersburg, departure 19.00 hrs
| Sun, 03.09.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 04.09.2017 |
Klaipeda/Lithuania , 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
Even the expressionists and Thomas Mann, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, were impressed: the Curonian Spit* is a fascinating geographical feature with sand dunes up to 60 m (196 ft) in height – ideal for a scenic journey*, a ride in a traditional Curonian barge* or land sailing*.
| Tue, 05.09.2017 |
Gudhjem/Bornholm/Denmark , 10.00 – 17.00 hrs
With charming coastal and dune landscapes, half-timbered houses, small art galleries and smokehouses, Gudhjem is the very definition of the word “picturesque”. Explore the southern part* of the island with its traditional round churches or go fishing off the coast*.
| Wed, 06.09.2017 |
Kiel/Germany, arrival 7.00 hrs
Your cruise will come to an end in the Kiel Fjord.
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor / = golf course
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
YOUR INDIVIDUAL CRUISE ARRANGEMENT
Exclusive, renowned guests discuss contemporary issues.
Sabine Christiansen, one of the most famous journalists in Germany, will invite renowned experts in the fields of finance, politics and society to discuss contemporary issues. At “talk2christiansen” presentations, discussion rounds and conversations, you will meet international politicians, Nobel Prize winners, entrepreneurs, experts, best-selling authors and figures from public life. In this exclusive format, you will come face-to-face with people who have something to say. For example, previous guests who have participated in “talk2christiansen” include Joseph Stiglitz, winner of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences; Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference; Frank Sieren, a leading specialist on Asia; Dirk “Mr DAX” Müller; and many others.
Holiday time is family time – and all the more exciting on the EUROPA 2 with lots of options for parents and children to explore the world together but also to go their own ways. In addition to a varied on-board programme of games and sports as well as arts and crafts, children and teens on family cruises can take part in excursions* that have been specially designed for them. Our travel concierge will be happy to provide you with recommendations for your personal family excursions*.
* This service is not included in the cruise price.
Golf - fabulous courses in northern Europe
Sat 26.08 Copenhagen – Kokkedal Golf Club
This 18-hole course is not far from the city of Copenhagen. This parkland course, situated on a former agricultural site, has been played since 1980. The open fairways promise golfers of all handicaps an enjoyable round of golf with few ball losses.
Mon 28.08 Stockholm – Bro Hof Slott Castle Course
This 36-hole course is a symphony of wide fairways and numerous water hazards. Situated directly on the Swedish archipelago, the two 18-hole courses stretch across the natural rocky terrain. The probability of making contact with the water is increased dramatically by 11 lakes around the course in place of the rough.
Wed 30.08 Tallinn – Estonian Golf Club
The club is home to the 18-hole Sea Course and a 9-hole Stone Course, and the eight strategically placed lakes make it clear why the 18-hole course is known as the Sea Course. The other fairways were designed to be lanes cutting through the forest, so a golfing adventure almost always ends up on straightforward greens.
Mon 04.09 Klaipeda – National Golf Club
Broad, sometimes deeply rolling fairways welcome players to the best golf course in the country. Lithuania has seven golf clubs, yet the National Golf Club receives the best reviews in the country. Seemingly rather simple, this course shows its strengths during the game and even bares its teeth from time to time.