On board MS EUROPA 2 from Hamburg to Hamburg
Nordic by nature.
Highlands, castles and whisky: it can only be Scotland. Glaciers, waterfalls and fjords: it has to be Norway. Your diverse cruise through northern Europe includes both together, with unforgettable impressions guaranteed.
from Hamburg to Hamburg
|Cruise dates:||from 12.08.2017 to 24.08.2017 (12 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
12 days cruise only from € 6,390 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Sat, 12.08.2017 |
Individual travel arrangements to cruise departure point
Your cruise begins in the Hanseatic city.
| Sun, 13.08.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 14.08.2017 |
Rosyth (Edinburgh)/Scotland/Great Britain, arrival 7.00 hrs
Historic majesty and vibrant goings-on: set out from Rosyth for Edinburgh. Visit the legendary Military Tattoo* on the evening of your arrival. Princes Street, the main shopping street, is home to a wide range of shops and you can wander along the Royal Mile through the Old Town. Alternatively visit Edinburgh Castle*, Holyrood Palace* or Stirling Castle* in the Trossachs.
| Tue, 15.08.2017 |
Rosyth (Edinburgh), departure 20.30 hrs
| Wed, 16.08.2017 |
Invergordon/Scotland/Great Britain, 11.00 – 19.00 hrs
Highlights of the Highlands: enjoy the impressive scenery on a helicopter flight* or go on a hike. An excursion to the legendary Loch Ness* is absolutely phenomenal.
| Thu, 17.08.2017 |
Kirkwall/Orkney Islands/Great Britain , 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
Take in the rough charm of the Orkney Islands on a discovery tour* or on a walk along the rugged coastline*. The Ring of Brodgar* and the Neolithic village Skara Brae* are historical treasures.
| Fri, 18.08.2017 |
Lerwick/Shetland Islands/Great Britain , 8.00 – 14.00 hrs
Historic sites surrounded by fascinating scenery: an island tour* or a walk on the island of Mousa* will reward you with the charm of the Shetland Islands.
| Sat, 19.08.2017 |
Bergen/Norway, 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
The colourful merchants’ houses and bustling fish market are the perfect backdrop for a relaxed stroll. Alternatively, follow in the footsteps of Edvard Grieg* – including at a concert – or enjoy the breathtaking views of the city and harbour on a hike* up the local mountain Floeyen.
| Sun, 20.08.2017 |
Vik/Sognefjord/Norway , 8.00 - 10.00 hrs
| Mon, 21.08.2017 |
Olden/Faleidfjord/Norway, 8.00 – 17.00 hrs
Spectacular panoramic views wherever you look, for instance on a hike to the largest glacier in Europe, the Briksdal Glacier*. Or on an kayak ride* in the Nordfjord. Other highlights include a helicopter flight* over the glacial landscape and fishing in the fjord*.
| Tue, 22.08.2017 |
Stavanger/Norway, 13.00 – 19.00 hrs
This city is a real eye-catcher with its wooden houses and winding alleyways, as is the surrounding area, for example on a boat ride in the Lysefjord*.
| Wed, 23.08.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 24.08.2017 |
Hamburg/Germany, arrival 7.00 hrs
Your cruise will come to an end on the Elbe.
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Combine this cruise with EUX1721 and save € 800 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ Please note that you can choose between a Veranda Suite and an Ocean Suite.
² You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
YOUR INDIVIDUAL CRUISE ARRANGEMENT
Entertainment on board
On each cruise, we present artists from various genres. Among other things, you can look forward to the following programme.
Exclusive, renowned guests discuss contemporary issues
In this exclusive format, Sabine Christiansen, one of the most famous journalists in Germany, invites renowned experts in the fields of economy, science, politics and society to discuss contemporary issues. At „talk2christiansen“ presentations, discussion rounds and conversations, you will meet guests like Nobel Prize winner Joseph E. Stiglitz, H.E. Anote Tong, Former President of Kiribati, Kweku Mandela, Astronaut Thomas Reiter, Dr. Auma Obama, politicians like Theo Waigel, former Federal Minister of Finance, Wolfgang Bosbach, Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, Christian Lindner, or Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference.
Holiday time is family time – and all the more exciting on the EUROPA 2 with lots of options for parents and children to explore the world together but also to go their own ways. In addition to a varied on-board programme of games and sports as well as arts and crafts, children and teens on family cruises can take part in excursions* that have been specially designed for them. Our travel concierge will be happy to provide you with recommendations for your personal family excursions*.
* This service is not included in the cruise price.