On board MS EUROPA 2 from Lisbon to Bilbao
Eternal spring in the Atlantic.
Volcanic landscapes on the Canary Islands, flowers all over Madeira and hot springs in the Azores, not to mention cultural highlights in La Coruna and Gijon. Highlights come one after another in the Atlantic.
from Lisbon to Bilbao
|Cruise dates:||from 19.07.2017 to 01.08.2017 (13 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 6,590 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 7,170 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Wed, 19.07.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Germany to Lisbon and transfer to embarkation point
Your cruise starts in the Portuguese capital on the Tagus – or even earlier with our pre-cruise programmes*.
| Thu, 20.07.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 21.07.2017 |
Arrecife/Lanzarote/Canary Islands/Spain, arrival 18.00 hrs
Bizarre and impressive: discover the black island and its lava streams in an electric car* or on a scenic journey to the volcanoes*.
| Sat, 22.07.2017 |
Arrecife, departure 18.00 hrs
| Sun, 23.07.2017 |
Santa Cruz de la Palma/La Palma/Canary Islands/Spain, 11.00 – 18.00 hrs
The “balcones tipicos”, wooden balconies covered in flowers, are quintessential La Palma. Walk past tapas bars and cafes in the old town. One of the largest erosion craters in the world awaits you in the Caldera de Taburiente National Park*. Alternatively, drive a buggy* through the lush vegetation.
| Mon, 24.07.2017 |
Funchal/Madeira/Portugal, 12.00 – 18.00 hrs
Explore the island of eternal spring on a jeep tour*, on a walk* along the traditional irrigation canals known as “levadas” or from above on a cable car ride* from the mountain parish of Monte on Pico do Areiro.
| Tue, 25.07.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 26.07.2017 |
Ponta Delgada/Sao Miguel/Azores/Portugal, 8.00 – 22.00 hrs
With hilly landscapes, powerful volcanoes and crystal-clear mountain water, an off-road journey to the crater lakes of Sete Cidades* promises to be an intense natural experience. As does an action-packed ride in an RIB boat*, where with a little luck you might spot whales and dolphins.
| Thu, 27.07.2017 |
Praia da Vitoria/Terceira/Azores/Portugal, 7.00 – 15.00 hrs
Set out from the picturesque coastal town on a scenic journey* through woods and meadows. Guests who love sports will enjoy individual activities* such as surfing, water skiing and paragliding. The two following days at sea promise relaxation and recuperation.
| Fri, 28.07.2017 |
- Sat, 29.07.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 30.07.2017 |
La Coruna/Spain, 8.00 – 19.00 hrs
Follow in the footsteps of stars such as Hape Kerkeling and Shirley MacLaine. The last stage of St James’ Way will lead you to Santiago de Compostela*.
| Mon, 31.07.2017 |
Gijon/Spain, 8.00 – 15.00 hrs
Bathe in the Costa Verde and walk over historic paving in Asturia’s capital, Oviedo*, to San Salvador cathedral, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
| Tue, 01.08.2017 |
Bilbao/Spain, arrival 5.00 hrs
Your cruise will come to an end in this cultural metropolis. Alternatively, explore the Guggenheim city with our post-cruise programme*.
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
Combine this cruise with EUX1719 and save € 800 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: EXPLORE LISBON ON THREE WHEELS
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: BILBAO – THE STYLISH CULTURAL METROPOLIS
YOUR PRIVATE PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE LISBON PRIVATELY
Holiday time is family time – and all the more exciting on the EUROPA 2 with lots of options for parents and children to explore the world together but also to go their own ways. In addition to a varied on-board programme of games and sports as well as arts and crafts, children and teens on family cruises can take part in excursions* that have been specially designed for them. Our travel concierge will be happy to provide you with recommendations for your personal family excursions*.
* This service is not included in the cruise price.
BE.YOU. - Sports & Fitness Powered by Maria Höfl-Riesch
I am delighted to introduce my fitness programme BE.YOU. available exclusively on board the EUROPA 2. BE.YOU. is optimised training tailored to your personal parameters, based on your individual body analysis and also including lots of dietary tips. The programme is offered by our personal trainers* all year round. On this cruise, I will be very happy to introduce BE.YOU. personally, join your training sessions and, if you wish, give you inspiring ideas to enhance your personal training.
My best regards and see you on board!
You can also read the article on BE.YOU. on our blog.