On board MS EUROPA 2 from Hong Kong to Singapore
In the lands of smiles
South East Asia has many faces. Dive into a fascinating world with metropolises such as Singapore and unspoilt natural beauty, a spiritual past and the rapid pace of the future.
from Hong Kong to Singapore
|Cruise dates:||from 19.03.2017 to 04.04.2017 (16 days)|
|Your ship:||MS EUROPA 2|
13 days cruise only from € 8,190 per person
This is a bilingual cruise with English shore excursions. [Read more]
| Sun, 19.03.2017 |
Scheduled flight from Germany to Hong Kong
| Mon, 20.03.2017 |
Transfer to embarkation point Hong Kong/China, departure 22.00 hrs
| Tue, 21.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Wed, 22.03.2017 |
Da Nang/Vietnam , 8.00 – 19.00 hrs
After a relaxing day at sea, discover this vibrant city on the Han River at your own pace and marvel at its diverse French legacy, such as at Han market or on a visit to the Cham Museum* with its rare exhibits. Gain interesting insights as you discover Hoi An and its surroundings by bicycle and on foot*, and enjoy traditional cuisine on a culinary tour throuh Da Nang*. Recommended by the travel concierge: a swimming and snorkelling trip* to the island Nui Son Tra.
| Thu, 23.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Fri, 24.03.2017 |
Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam , arrival 9.00 hrs
Over two days, you will have time to get to know the grande dame on the Saigon River: stroll past majestic buildings, street cafes and shops on Dong Khoi boulevard. Enjoy unique impressions on a Vespa ride through Ho Chi Minh City at night* or in rural Vietnam* and the Mekong Delta* with its fertile paddies. As you explore the underground tunnels of Cu Chi, you will be confronted with a striking testimony to the long war of resistance against the French and the Americans.*
| Sat, 25.03.2017 |
Ho Chi Minh City , departure 17.00 hrs
| Sun, 26.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Mon, 27.03.2017 |
Ko Samui/Thailand , 8.00 – 18.00 hrs
This holiday paradise has a surprising amount to offer: Big Buddha Temple and Kunaram Monastery*, a Jeep safari*, a sailing trip on a catamaran* or a traditional Thai massage*. Then you can look forward to two relaxing days at sea.
| Tue, 28.03.2017 |
- Wed, 29.03.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 30.03.2017 |
George Town/Penang/Malaysia , 10.00 – 22.00 hrs
In a trishaw, a traditional tricycle taxi, you can see the typical Malaysian way of life in the town’s narrow streets, whilst an island tour* will take you past fruit, clove and nutmeg plantations.
| Fri, 31.03.2017 |
Porto Malai/Langkawi/Malaysia , 7.00 – 19.00 hrs
Relaxed or active: it’s up to you how you discover the island. Take a kayak tour*, for example, through Langkawi’s mangroves, go trekking in the rainforest* or take a buggy safari through the hinterland*.
| Sat, 01.04.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 02.04.2017 |
Singapore/Singapore, arrival 7.00 hrs
Glittering skyscrapers and steaming roadside food stalls: explore the Lion City on a discovery tour* or enjoy the views from the Singapore Flyer, one of the highest Ferris wheels in the world. Your cruise will come to an end after one more night on board. That is unless you stay on a little longer in Singapore* or visit the legendary temples of Angkor on one of our post-cruise programmes*.
| Mon, 03.04.2017 |
| Tue, 04.04.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The pre- and post-cruise programmes and shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor / = golf course
Combine this cruise with EUX1707 and save € 1,500 per person (applies to categories 1 – 14).
Free arrival and departure!
When booking this cruise, we will provide you with free travel in Economy Class from/to Germany/Austria/Switzerland (limited allotment). This offer cannot be combined with other special offers.
Clear and simple – our pricing model
¹ You pay only the guaranteed price for double occupancy shown here per person. Accommodation will be provided in a Veranda Suite or Ocean Suite in category 1 – 4, subject to availability. If you book a combination of one cruise with another cruise in a guaranteed Veranda or Ocean Suite, no combination discount will be offered and it will be necessary to change suites between the individual cruises. Continuous occupancy of the same suite throughout the cruises is not possible. You will receive your exact suite number at the time of embarkation on board (limited allotment).
More travel information can be found here.
The Cruise Price Includes (Among Other Services)
- Cruise in the booked category.
- Fresh fruit and champagne await you in your sui te on your day of arrival.
- Full board on the ship: welcome cocktail, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch, dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, hot waffles and midnight snack. Individual meal selection also possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice available during breakfast hours.
- A different entertainment programme every day with on-board activities, e.g. interesting courses, conversations, scientific lectures, film screenings, contemporary seminars or sophisticated evening programmes and more.
- Adventurous Zodiac rides (depending on routes and weather conditions), all landings or tours in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included).
- Television in every suite also boasting integrated music programmes, contemporary or classical video and audio programmes, news, weather map, reports, interviews, travel reports, up-to-date travel information, e-mail, Internet (subject to charge) and much more.
- Mini bar filled with softdrinks and beer in the suite.
- Bottled water during the shore excursions.
- Use of on-board facilities and equipment free of charge (subject to availability): auditorium with film screenings and geography lectures, library, board games, entertainment programmes, sauna, fitness areas, golf simulator, tablet PC, snorkelling gear, bicycles and much more. The use of the Internet and services of the OCEAN SPA, the photographers and video producers as well as the boutique merchandise are subject to charge.
- Your comprehensive EUROPA 2 travel gear including detailed country information, shoulder bag, document bag, luggage tags, travel guide and maps.
- German ship and cruise managers as well as a German- and English-speaking service crew including travel concierge service, guest relation manager, cruise sales service, tour office, tour guides etc.
- Harbour fees.
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
GUIDED PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: HONG KONG – SKYSCRAPERS AND PAGODAS
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: SINGAPORE – SUPERTREES AND CHINATOWN
GUIDED POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: THE TEMPLES OF ANGKOR
YOUR PRIVATE POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME: EXPLORE SINGAPORE PRIVATELY
YOUR INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT – SINGAPORE
Golf - exotic putting in Asia
Wed 22.03 Da Nang – Montgomerie Links Course
In true Colin Montgomerie style, the gifted player worked his magic on the dune landscape of the eastern Vietnamese coast to create a Scottish golfing paradise. Golfers will know what that means: the way to the final putt is determined by the layout. In particular, the large number of bunkers makes for a formidable obstacle between the willing golfer and success.
Fri 24.03 Ho Chi Minh City – Long Thanh Golf Club
This is not the place for golfers with a water phobia! After all, 16 of the 18 holes are influenced by the wet stuff. On this golf course, which is equipped with floodlights, it is worth playing a bit more cautiously. Taking too many risks will affect your score, as well as the number of balls in your golf bag.
Mon 27.03 Ko Samui – Santiburi Samui Country Club
Here you will be confronted by a very special golfing highlight: this course is situated right in the midst of the island’s subtropical mountain landscape, surrounded by coconut palms. Each of the fairways is characterised by the natural features of the terrain. As the course is very hilly, a golf cart is compulsory. The views from this course may well distract you from your game.
Thu 30.03 Penang – Penang Golf Club (additional course)
Established in 1984 as the Bukit Jambul Golf Club, the club in the middle of George Town reopened in 2012 after extensive renovation work. The fairways are on hilly terrain that used to be covered in jungle and you will see some unique flora and fauna. The 18-hole (par 72) course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr and has already been the venue for the Malaysia Open.
Fri 31.03 Langkawi – The Els Club Teluk Datai
Ernie Els not only made a good impression on Langkawi; he also left behind an outstanding golf course. The gifted golfer created a gem of a golf course here in the rainforest. The course takes you through the flora of the island right up to the seafront. At the 7th hole, a 569 m (1,866 ft) long par 5, you tee off on a fairway that leads straight towards the Indian Ocean and then finishes along a strip of land beside the blue sea.
Sun 02.04 Singapore – Marina Bay Golf Course
The 18 holes on this course, which is just under ten years old, are lit by glare-free floodlights, so you can finish your game even if you tee off late in the day. The 91 bunkers, some of which are very deep, present more of a challenge to your golfing expertise than the layout of the fairways. It is worth playing a tactical game as one more stroke can in some circumstances lead to a better score.
For our new format, IN2BALANCE, selected coaches and trainers present innovative training methods and the relaxation techniques of the Far East: yoga in all its variations, burn-out prevention, t’ai chi, shiatsu and interval training. In addition, they will also be revealing the latest findings in nutritional science. Let our team of experts help you regain your balance.