On board MS BREMEN from Auckland to Fiji
Expedition to New Caledonia and Vanuatu – secret paradises
Uncover the surprising sides of this South Seas picture book, which remains inaccessible to many people. Away from the usual routes, the BREMEN and Zodiacs will take you to secluded islands in the turquoise sea, jungle worlds and encounters with foreign cultures – a dream come true!
from Auckland to Fiji
|Cruise dates:||from 14.03.2017 to 04.04.2017 (21 days)|
|Your ship:||MS BREMEN|
16 days cruise only from € 6,990 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 10,030 per person
| Tue, 14.03.2017 |
Scheduled flight Frankfurt – Singapore
| Wed, 15.03.2017 |
Connecting flight to Auckland
| Thu, 16.03.2017 |
Auckland/New Zealand, departure 19.00 hrs
| Fri, 17.03.2017 |
Bay of Islands/New Zealand
Island beauties in the South Pacific
Your breathtaking journey of discovery begins in the far north of New Zealand with the pristine Bay of Islands, an archipelago with over 150 idyllic islands. A helicopter flight* will provide fantastic views of the wonderful natural surroundings and the famous Hole in the Rock off Cape Brett. Alternatively, discover typical New Zealand mangrove forests on a hike to Haruru Falls*. With a bit of luck, you might spot the cormorants that nest here.
| Sat, 18.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sun, 19.03.2017 |
Seldom-visited Norfolk Island is a world of its own where you will land with the Zodiacs if the weather is good to discover an island idyll of lush meadows and typical araucaria forests.
| Mon, 20.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 21.03.2017 |
- Fri, 24.03.2017
New Caledonia (Ile des Pins , Ilot Casy Nouméa, Maré )
Your route takes you towards New Caledonia to bring dreams of Pacific discovery to life. For the first time, the BREMEN will linger extensively in these little paradises. Even those familiar with the South Seas will be surprised by the unspoilt natural beauty of these places. You can see why the French have held onto this overseas territory for more than 150 years. It is so beautiful that you may not want to leave. You will feel nothing less than divine at the other end of the world when you relax in the shade of the pines on the long, white sandy beaches of Ile des Pins or go snorkelling in the turquoise lagoon. The BREMEN will head for unknown shores to Ilot Casy. It is a pristine expedition destination, and there are many different ways to explore the island at your own pace. Be it on hikes with our experts, swimming or snorkelling, the small island off the southern point of Grande Terre boasts unforgettable views. Noumea, the capital of New Caledonia, welcomes you with colonial charm. From here, you will visit the outlying island with the Amedee Lighthouse* in a glass-bottom boat or glide over the crystal-clear waters in a catamaran for a very special sailing experience*. Mare, a green gem in the turquoise sea, is a premiere destination for the BREMEN. On white sandy beaches lined with forests of coconut palms and sandalwood trees, you will feel a little like Robinson Crusoe.
| Sat, 25.03.2017 |
- Thu, 30.03.2017
Vanuatu (Tanna , Malakula , Espiritu Santo, Ureparapara , Pentecost , Ambrym , Efate)
Vanuatu: ancient rituals in pristine natural surroundings
| Fri, 31.03.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Sat, 01.04.2017 |
The dream destination of Fiji, with shimmering green island gems, rounds off your unforgettable Pacific expedition in wonderful fashion. When the sun produces magical reflections on the sea on Sawa-i-lau and you enjoy the hospitality of the Fijians during a traditional kava ceremony, your South Seas dream will be perfect.
| Sun, 02.04.2017 |
Lautoka/Fiji, arrival 7.00 hrs
| Mon, 03.04.2017 |
| Tue, 04.04.2017 |
Arrival in Frankfurt
* The shore activities are not included in the cruise price and are in the planning stage. Subject to changes.
= at anchor
Attractive combination discount of € 900
Enjoy savings when you extend this cruise to include BRE1705.
Please note that this cruise is conducted in German.
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: AUCKLAND AND THE WILD WESTERN COAST
POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: LOMANI ISLAND RESORT – YOUR SOUTH SEAS HIDEAWAY
POST-CRUISE PROGRAMME B: DOWN UNDER: SYDNEY AND AYERS ROCK
A geography specialist in the team of experts
Fascinated by the tropics and subtropics, Ole Stapelfeld studied geography, Portuguese philology and urban development. Numerous backpacking trips off the usual routes took him to the craters of active volcanoes and the beaches and reefs of remote coasts and islands.