On board MS BREMEN from Ushuaia to Ushuaia
Expedition Antarctica – new life on the ice
The miracle of creation at close quarters. From the BREMEN and on numerous explorations with the Zodiacs, watch the first moments in the life of a new generation of Antarctic fauna – surrounded by fascinating panoramas. You will have plenty of time for icy adventures in the Weddell Sea, including James Ross Island.
from Ushuaia to Ushuaia
|Cruise dates:||from 06.01.2017 to 30.01.2017 (24 days)|
|Your ship:||MS BREMEN|
20 days cruise only from € 10,990 per person
incl. travel packages to / from departure / arrival point from € 13,170 per person
| Fri, 06.01.2017 |
Scheduled flight Germany – Buenos Aires
| Sat, 07.01.2017 |
City tour, overnight stay with breakfast
| Sun, 08.01.2017 |
Charter flight to Ushuaia/Argentina, departure 22.00 hrs
| Mon, 09.01.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Tue, 10.01.2017 |
- Wed, 11.01.2017
Just as moving as the history of the British overseas territory, the abundant bird life becomes apparent as soon as the Zodiac takes you to the coast. With more than 60 different species, including rockhopper penguins, Magellanic penguins and albatrosses, the island is a paradise for ornithologists. During natural history walks along the coast, your experts will provide fascinating information about the head-high tussock grass and the Victorian houses in Stanley.
| Thu, 12.01.2017 |
- Fri, 13.01.2017
Relaxation at sea
| Sat, 14.01.2017 |
- Tue, 17.01.2017
Days of breathtaking expedition experiences lie ahead when glaciated mountain summits and deep fjords on the horizon signal your approach to this unique animal paradise. Flexible, spontaneous and impressive: the Zodiacs are used several times a day to let you experience very special wildlife sightings. For example, standing with the experts in front of a gigantic colony of king penguins. The island is home to almost 200,000 animals inhabiting the steep slopes and coasts – such as Salisbury Plain, which is covered by birds begging for food, or the Gold Harbour beach where fur seals and elephant seals sleep through your visit. The biologists, geologists or glaciologists accompanying you will intensify your unique natural experiences with surprising details about the masses of animals. At the former Grytviken whaling station, the grave of Sir Ernest Shackleton recalls the bravery and adventure of times gone by. Making a heroic effort, he once saved his team after the ship was forced to spend winter in the pack ice. It is an example of the lifelines of the polar explorers you will cross on every expedition.
| Wed, 18.01.2017 |
Relaxation at sea
| Thu, 19.01.2017 |
- Wed, 25.01.2017
South Orkney Islands , Weddell Sea , South Shetland Islands , Antarctic Peninsula
South Orkney Islands
| Thu, 26.01.2017 |
- Fri, 27.01.2017
Sailing through the Drake Passage
| Sat, 28.01.2017 |
Ushuaia/Argentina, arrival 6.00 hrs
| Sun, 29.01.2017 |
Scheduled flight Buenos Aires – Germany
| Mon, 30.01.2017 |
Arrival in Germany
A change in itinerary may become necessary on all expeditions. The captain will decide on the best possible alternative depending on weather and ice conditions.
= at anchor
Please note that this cruise is conducted in German.
You will find more information, especially with regards to vaccination and visa requirements, in the General Information section.
The Cruise Price Includes
- Expedition in the booked category
- Full board on the ship (early bird breakfast, breakfast, late morning bouillon, lunch and dinner, afternoon coffee and tea with pastries, midnight snack)
- All landings or rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs or tenders (potential admission fees or guided tours by local tour guides not included)
- Experienced experts give lectures, provide in-depth answers to questions about the cruising area and accompany Zodiac landings
- Champagne awaits you in your cabin on your day of arrival
- Mini bar filled with soft drinks in the cabin (refilled daily)
- Flat screen, DVD player and Wi-Fi in every cabin. On the HANSEATIC, these also provide access to your private e-mail account as well as an integrated video-on-demand system
- Sending and receiving e-mails (without attachments) free of charge
- German ship, cruise and expedition management as well as a Germanand English-speaking service crew on board
- Comprehensive information about the cruise, service handbooks about the flora and fauna of the Amazon, the Arctic and Antarctica as well as expedition maps
- Information about the port or destination (when available) in the cabin in the form of pocket-size travel guides
- Depending on the destination, warm parkas and rubber boots as well as snorkelling equipment, Nordic Walking poles and bicycles are provided on loan on board both expedition ships (subject to availability)
- Free use of all on-board facilities (except services of the photo shop, hairdresser, massage, boutique, Internet)
- Harbour and airport fees
- Travel cancellation expenses insurance
- Bankruptcy insurance
Please note that our pre- and post-cruise programmes are conducted in German.
For individual programmes kindly consult your travel agent.
Following programmes we offer in German:
PRE-CRUISE PROGRAMME A: IGUACU
Experts on board
On every expedition, you will be accompanied by renowned experts in various fields. Biologists, glaciologists, geologists and historians will make you experience the wonders of the sixth continent even more intensely. Fascinating on-board presentations, interesting pointers during Zodiac rides and compelling expert knowledge on your natural history excursions ashore will broaden the horizons of your knowledge.